Sunday, August 7, 2011

Heart of Worship

I don't exactly know what to write at this point. i feel empty and mind's not working. but i really wanna write something today, not because i have to make more stories but to let go of this heavy weight inside. I've been thinking of the word WORSHIP lately.

This morning, i woke up a little late, and as part of my routine, i offered a little prayer of thanksgiving in silence. i held my bible and read it. this is not an ordinary day, it's Sabbath day. for most people, the usual things to do on a Sunday is to attend a mass, family day, malling, beaching, or simply a rest day for those who are off at work.
My Sunday, for the past 3years, normally starts by opening my bible, listening to christian songs, resting in my place. I could only count the days that i have been to church during Sundays. Nevertheless, that doesn't change my christian belief. I'm a believer of Christ and i'm a proud christian. I wanted to be part of the congregation again, i thirst for that. Yet, for some reasons, i am discouraged. Today's trend is different. Many people go to church not to pray but to show off, not to listen but to meet friends and make gossips, it becomes a place for socialization for the elites and non-elites, but we forgot that the church is a sacred place for worship just like the synagogues during the ancient times. The Church is built so that people can gather and pray together, hear the words of the Lord together, worship together, not to compete against each other.
I, myself, committed such mistakes when i was active in attending Sunday worships during my younger years. I made sure that i had the nicest dress to wear, or when i had something new, i was even more motivated to go to church. Sometimes, i couldn't help but comment on the pastor's sermon or observe my seatmate and the worst thing--i fell asleep in the middle of the service. those were unacceptable manners. i knew that.
I am embarrassed by my own actions. I should have saved myself from temptations but i was too weak to fight it. Nowadays, these certain mistakes become acceptable in the society. Instead of finding ways in changing it, it's now become part of the social norm. If you can't beat them, join them.
I can't beat them, so i'd rather withdraw myself from these kinds of people. I don't wanna join them, I want to spare myself from sinning more. I am a sinner, i wanted to be renewed. I am not saying that those people who are going to church are guilty of the crime, it's just sad to note that almost everybody's doing it-- and it's where my discouragement came from.
Just like what the Lord wants, for His people to change and worship Him not only with their mouth and lips, but their HEARTS. The church is nothing without its worshipers. But worship means nothing if it's a false worship. It is our faith that can save us, not any churches, not any religions.Iin Matthew 6:5-6
"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."
We can worship the Lord anytime of the day, anywhere in this place. Our Lord is easy to please, He is gracious and merciful. We are His children and He loves us all. Despite our weaknesses and sins, the Lord saved and restored us.
He is not asking for a luxurious favor from us in return of His deeds, the Lord God simply commanded His people that “You shall love the Lord your God with your whole heart, with your whole soul, and with all your mind” (Deuteronomy 6:5).
and everything will follow. If we love the Lord, then we do good things for Him.
The people are still encourage to go to church and praise Christ the King, each of us has our own ways in serving and worshiping the Lord. Above all, we do all things for the GLORY of GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment